The new Social Enterprise Policy for Ireland is due to be published in 2023. In preparation for this, a limited number of consultation events will take place to provide an opportunity for grass roots social enterprise stakeholders to contribute to the development of this new policy.
Irish Rural Link on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development will host the Social Enterprise Regional Stakeholder Consultation Event for the Western Region (counties, Galway, Mayo and Roscommon) in:
Ard Rí Hotel, Tuam Co. Galway, H54V267
February 23rd 2023
9.30am to 1.00pm followed by lunch
This half day event will involve two sessions of roundtable discussions focusing on:
1. The challenges facing social enterprises over the next five years and proposed solutions to address those challenges.
2. The opportunities for social enterprises over the next five years and what steps need to be taken to realise these opportunities.
Senior staff will be in attendance from the Department of Rural and Community Development. The aim of the event is to capture the opinions of all relevant stakeholders including;
• existing social enterprises
• community organisations exploring social enterprise opportunity
• other community and academic stakeholders
This is an important opportunity to ensure that the voice of your organisation is heard and your views and opinions are considered in the development of Ireland’s new Social Enterprise Policy. The event is also a good networking opportunity for the sector in the western region.
Reserve a spot