Irish Rural Link leads a consortium made up of The Wheel, NUI Galway and Farrelly& Co to deliver the National Rural Network. The overall aim of the National Rural Network is to build and sustain a membership-based network that maximises the beneficial outcomes of the rural development programme.
The NRN achieves its aim through the following objectives:
- Raising awareness of key issues of rural concern identified by the RDP and identifying best practice models within a national and international context that can be disseminated to relevant stakeholders. Creating a collaborative process between relevant stakeholders to enhance the delivery and quality of the RDP;
- Establishing a supportive themed working group system which will act on key themes emerging from the Rural development Programme;
- Facilitating communication of the RDP-outputs to targeted stakeholders and groups;
- Gathering best practice in all relevant areas and communicating and disseminating to all key stakeholders and groups;
- Supporting the Managing Authority in its networking, dissemination and communication objectives.
Our ambition is to maximise the impact of the RDP 2014-2020 by bringing it into the lives of as many people and communities as possible, and by communicating its key opportunities and outputs to all relevant stakeholders.
To learn more visit nationalruralnetwork.ie